Tips for Red Dead Redemption 2
My growing list of hints and tips for RDR2!
- You can use multiple markers on the map to mark interesting places you want to revisit.
- Horses ears will tell you their mood. Ears up = friendly, ears down = mean.
- Have gunsmiths clean your guns for you as it is quicker to do and cheaper than using gun oil.
- When looting other horses, be sure to check both sides of the saddle bag.
- When cooking, season your food to make it better for your Cores.
- Doing your chores at camp will increase your Dead Eye.
- Tackling someone with the lasso in your hand will automatically hogtie them.
- Commit a small crime? Instead of running away, apologize to the local lawman and he might let you go free, bountyless!
- Two or three quick whistles will get your horse to come to you quicker.
- Premium cigarette packs have collectible cards inside them, but you can only hold one pack at a time. Keep smoking (or throw them away) to get more collectible cards.
- Use left stick (and Y) to control which side of your horse you dismount on.
- Press Y anywhere to rest and craft. No fire needed.
- While holding a weapon, press Up on the D-pad to shoot in the air to scare off predators or intimidate witnesses.
- Hold X while looting drawers to loot all of them (instead of one at a time).
- Double-tap LB to do a cool trick while holstering your weapon. Only works on pistol?
- You can hitch a ride with any NPC if you ask them.
- Before giving them money, test blind beggars by pointing a gun at them. They might be lying!
- Getting hit or run over by a train is one of the few ways your horse can be instantly killed! No option to revive.
- Hold X to purchase the maximum ammo you can (instead of one at a time).
- Backup (reverse) carriages by pressing RB.
- Deliver stolen carriages to the Fence in Emerald Ranch.
- Playing poker. The other NPC players (the AI) are not that great and you can pretty easily win decent gains.
- Capturing criminals for Lawmen (bounties) when available are a good way to earn money and honor.
- Robbing passenger trains. But it's risky! Be aware that the bounties for these activities, should you get caught, far outweigh what you'll get in loot!